I’ve kept seeing things on how apparently in the crimes committed by the US government in the last four years, Obama is a mere puppet controlled by other people and forces. Let’s get this straight. Obama isn’t a puppet— he’s extremely intelligent, he’s been to both Columbia Uni and Harvard Uni, he knows how politics works (he’s been a Senator), and to become the first Black US president takes a fair amount of working his way up there, because we don’t live in a post-racial society. He’s manipulated things and committed war crimes all on his own:
- (Despite campaign promises) refused to prosecute Bush / CIA officials that ordered and committed war crimes and tortured people, and going as far as granting immunity so said criminals. (Blocking prosecution of war criminals is a violation of international law in itself)
- 18th February, 2009: Obama sends 17,000 more troops into Afghanistan.
- April 2009: Obama asks Congress to approve $83.4 billion more funding towards the military, mostly against Iraq and Afghanistan. This included $2.2 billion to increase US military size, $350 million to “upgrade security” on the US-Mexican border, and $400 million for fighting in Pakistan.
- May 2009: it is announced Obama plans to expand the military by 20,000 people.
- He reinstates the Patriot Act despite campaigning against it vigorously.
- 7th December, 2009: Obama orders another 30,000 troops into Afghanistan.
- Obama’s appointments to his National security team. Leon Panetta, for example, is a war criminal.
- 7th July, 2011 Obama signs the Defence Authorization Bill, which effectively blocked the transfer of prisoners, and made sure Guantanamo Bay would stay open.
- Dec 2011: Obama signs the ‘National Defence Authorization Act’, which allows the US the ability to capture anyone in the world and imprison them indefinitely, without due trial.
- Obama signs ACTA, which violates the first amendment of the constitution.
- 16th March, 2012: Obama signs an Executive order that allows him to control energy, production, transportation, food, and water resources, in times of peace or war.
- Obama says Afghan War is near an end, then signs a deal keeping U.S. military in Afghanistan until at least 2024.
- 6th July, 2012: Obama signs an Executive Order that allows the White House to seize control of all communication, public and private (which includes the entire Internet).
- He never really meant to close Guantanamo Bay. His plan wasn’t to actually close it, but just move it onto US soil.
- Obama doesn’t inform Congress (and the rest of the public, despite acknowledgement that they have a right to information) on the drone wars in Yemen And Pakistan
- “Obama continued and expanded the cyber-warfare program of George W. Bush’s administration, leading to the creation of the Stuxnet virus that infected Iranian nuclear centrifuges.”
- Obama gives this super-inspiring speech in Cairo that should have marked a change in US foreign policy, but he didn’t mention that conversation with Bush on agreeing to further extend Bush’s drone strikes in Pakistan and that cyber-attack in Iran. (The speech was a front. A lie. Hypocrisy.)
- Iraq (not the US, not Obama) insisted the US get their troops out.
- Despite the insisting that US troops have been called out of Iraq, they’re still very much there, and still very much wrecking havoc.
- Obama signs a bill in support of US-Israel ties.
- Congress votes against war in Libya, Obama pretends that didn’t happen and goes ahead with attacking Libya anyway.
- Obama says undocumented immigrants are either students—or “criminals, gang bangers, people who are hurting the community”. Deportation under Obama is (currently, 2013) at an all-time high.
- Obama expands a “covert war in North Africa”.
- Obama’s appointment of Susan Rice for his National Security advisor says a lot about him, considering her history of calling for US “intervention” (aka US imperialism) in many countries since Bush’s time and her support for Israel.
- “The Constitutional Crimes of Obama”
- 2013: Obama signs the NDAA again: reminder that this also includes infinite detention of US citizens without trial.
- Mar 2013 Obama signs the Monsanto Protection Act, despite the 250,000+ people who signed a petition on a website he set up asking him to veto it. He’s more concerned with protecting a corrupt corporation known for crimes against humanity than what the people want.
- Directs police crackdown on protesters despite telling other countries to listen to their protesters.
- Obama says one thing about terrorism and does another.
- Obama personally approves each drone strike and oh goodness the amount of stuff about his drone strikes and how they kill innocent people. Not even the White House knows how many people have died, despite the claim that drones are “beyond precise”. Remember the strike in Yemen hours after reelection? The wedding in Afghanistan where 47 innocent people died?
- The move to expand use of torture (in particular, waterboarding) past what even Bush had not been allowed to do by Congress.
- Obama nominates racist, stop-and0frisk enabler Ray Kelly as “adequate replacement as dead of Defence of Homeland Security”, because according to Obama this guy’s “one of the best there is” and “an outstanding leader in New York”.
- Obama drops a hugely racist speech blaming black and Latin@ people for structural violence and poverty, as if they’re character flaws.
I’m going to stop there, but I could go on (edit: I actually have. Couldn’t help it— he does things, and I have an impulse to add to this list). I’ve tried to keep this a list of things Obama has signed, Obama has said, Obama has ordered, not people around him (who liberals love to claim are the reason everything’s wrong). If it were a list of everything phis administration had done, I don’t think I could have stopped here. He manipulates words well, he lies, he cheats, he’s a criminal and a hypocrite. That’s not “other people in the government”. That’s him. He’s expanded US governmental terrorism borders that Bush set up all on his own.
You have no excuses now.
Also, shoutout (and a very grateful thank you) to Alex, who’s wonderful and helped me hunt down a bunch of these links.